Saturday 19 September 2009

R.I.P. Roc Raida



I've just heard via Twitter (and also from one of my crew members, Loop), that Roc Raida has just passed away...

We had been informed of his accident just over a week ago, and he seemed to be doing well following spinal surgery. Like many, I was hoping he would be making a full recovery. I'm truly shocked at the sudden bad news...My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

I had the pleasure of meeting Roc Raida one time briefly back at the 2006 DMC World Finals, and can safely say he was a genuinely cool guy, really humble and down to earth; one of those dudes who would take the time to chat to anybody. As a DJ, he influenced a whole generation with his innovative juggling patterns and body tricks. It's obvious to see why he was worthy of being a world champion, as well as a Grandmaster of the art.

R.I.P. one of the greatest DMC Champions of all time. Alongside DJ AM, he will be sorely missed.



No comments: