Thursday 21 August 2008

Redman Feat. Roz "I Get Down Like That"



Just stumbled across the MP3 of this forgotten gem!

I remember picking this up on one of those "Archives" compilation 12's a few years back. Ridiculously hot joint, featuring Roz (Redman's sister!).

Apparently this track first came to light on a white label Redman record called "Dat Underground Shit !!!!". This 12" mysteriously appeared after "Dare Iz A Darkside" and before "Muddy Waters". I don't think it even got a promo release on Def Jam....The 12" also featured a couple of mixes of "I Can't Wait" and another track called "Montage", which is an edit of various verses from different songs.

Anyhow, enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

P.S. If anyone can shed any more light on this track, let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The song was a on a cassette single basically, which was being sold directly by Redman & his entourage on the Lollapalooza 2 Tour, where he performed on a side stage. I actually bought my copy of the tape from one oh his cronies named "2 Teks Lex".